Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No More Watching from the Sidelines

Last night I went to my first parent teacher conference, and learned a tremendous amount about the 1st grade curriculum. It was so fun to sit at my daughters desk and see all the work she has done in her first few weeks. This helped me see where I need to work with her. I am so excited to be able to have more time to devote to her and developing these critical skills of reading and writing. I am affraid she might have inherited her Dad dislexia. Her numbers and letters are ofter written backwards, her eraser was almost all used up:) Her unorganized desk and used up eraser was so cute to me. She is somewhat of a perfectionist. Learning all about what my daughter will be doing was enlightening. I look forward to being more involved this year. In the past I have wished I could be more involved, no longer will I be watching from the sidelines as my kids go to school.