Monday, September 15, 2008

Experience Life to enjoy the simple things

As I look around I wonder if those on the playground realize how lucky they are to be able to pickup their kids from school. I have experienced Life’s Pain to enjoy a simple thing in life such as picking up my kid from school. For years now I have rushed home to pickup the kids up from daycare and after school programs, then once home its diner time, then time to cleanup dishes then baths. Our family schedule did not leave much time to truely enjoy the kids.

I tried to involve the kids in the dinner time routine. however, it never really felt like I was giving them the attention after a long day. Yesterday was the first day that I was able to pickup Emily from school and Jake and I were home by 4:00! Wah Who. It was interesting to see all of the Moms picking up their kids, and then after the kids came out of school the Moms just gabbed with each other while the kids played. It's been a long hard road to this point but it sure does make me appreciate that moment of picking them up from school. I was ahead of most of my friends in having kids so it wasn’t until recently that a few of my “Mom” friends said that they realized what I had been going through with leaving their babies at home. So I will continue on with my quest to make ends meet and develop my own business.