Friday, September 5, 2008

Appreciation

I was told yesterday that "it's nice having you around". This was a big Wow for me. I've been in an environment where little is said about appreciating the work one does. As with my kids I've found that a little praise goes a long way. I have been very lucky in my career to have others mentor and teach me what makes one successful in life. I have worked with so many talented individuals and appreciated them for their unique talents. Sylvia has been a great mentor to me and was patient enough to listen to all of my questions when i was a green intern. Linzie was the most confident young women I've ran into, no one could squash her. Jodee was very positive, energetic, and organized. She helped me understand the importance of writing things down. Pete who has worked in a family business environment helped me understand when to say nothing/bite my tongue. Rachael who keeps the company on track, taught me to just stick with the facts, I admire a hard worker like her. Colleen is well spoken and definitely speaks her mind. She has taught me a lot about self respect and I so appreciate that. Chris my boss/brother who taught me an unbelievable amount about selling. He pushed me to the limit in many ways and I learned so much words cannot summarize it. One thing that sticks in my head that he always stressed was, learn how to tell a story, capture people, tell them why things should be important to them. I can appreciate his relentless nature. I can't forget Ellen, her and I made a great team and made remarkable strides in marketing, she taught me loyalty, respect. Dennis who can become friends with anyone in minutes, I appreciate his sense of humor. Loren who was like a big brother constantly reminding me that it’s important to use positive words, never say I will try say I will do. Frank who has so much courage and animation, he has shown me what passion for your business can do. I appreciate his courage and Frankness. This is just a few of the people I have evolved me and my life; we all want to do a good job and want to be appreciated. I find good in almost every person I meet. Everyone has their niche or talent, my big debate these past few days has been what area do I focus on to develop the business.