Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bitter Sweet

We exceeded our internet sales goal for the month of August! I have been trying to prove this for atleast seven years, not to mention the marketing departments overall value. So today has been bitter sweet. The internet leads previously were not in one contact management system. This effected the ability to track leads and severely impacted our ability to track sales. No one knew the status of the leads and fingers got pointed. I truely believe that we mistakenly abandon some of our best marketing programs.

This information came the week after I announced I would like to step back from my Management position. Talk about kairos. I am finally able to show the ROI due to having an accurate system. We have reached our goal! I am confident in saying that we've met this for years, however the tracking system was not in place until this month. So this is why it was bitter sweet, I can now show my worth. Something I've struggled with for years. I will continue with my quest this week to pass the torch to someone; I will continue to have the company’s best interest at hand. Some say I'm crazy and to let it go, but it’s kind of like my baby I want to make sure it is taken care of the way I have for 14 years now.

It was my daughters first day of school today, I wasn't able to walk her to school :( I will do whatever possible to be present during these special moments like the first days of school in the future. Bitter Sweet it is.