Friday, January 2, 2009

My Same Soul

Today I has been almost three weeks that I have been off work! What a much needed break for all of us. The time flew by but was so great to be home with the kids, its nice being domesticated. Today I took the kids the the U of M Historical Museum and what an adventure it was. We parked a few blocks away and walked and found the museum. Neither of the kids had been to a museum to see dinosaurs and fossils. It was so cool to see their faces when they saw all the dinosaurs and old prehistoric displays. Emily loved the different gems of the earth and bought her own crystals while Jake loved the dinosaurs and bought one to play with his trains of course. We then went to lunch at Mikes work and the kids were so excited to see Daddy's office. I was impressed to with all he does, I didn't realize just how large of a business he runs. It was a great day.
Then after all of our fun we came home and put away the Christmas decorations and I decided to show Emily my old toys that I had kept from when I was a kid. I showed her my doll clothes, garbage pail kids, and best of all my sticker books. I realized that I have been designing since I was at least 6 years old. My sticker books all 7 of them were so beautiful to Emily as they were to me as a kid. Each page is filled with stickers of all shapes and sizes. That was my hobby as a kid, finding the prettiest sticker and putting them into my book, they were like treasures. It was fun taking time to reflect on what was important to me as a kid.
After three weeks off I have of course made a new years resolution. The first is to Strive to be happy and enjoy my life. The second is to develop relationships of those I love and spend more time focusing on the ones I love not the daily household chores. The third is to speak my mind and not be afraid of saying whay I feel. All to often I am afraid of disagreeing with someone, for fear I might ofend them. I will strive to keep things simple in 2009 and be happy with what I have. There's no use in climbing the mountain if you don't enjoy the journey. And last whatever life brings me I am going to choose my reactions and make the best of it all.

After receiving my 6th grade report card with mostly C's and D's my Dad said to me. You have something that cannot be taught by books , you must choose which path you will take in life and adapt but never loose sight of your soul and the unique person you are. After all I've been through these past three weeks I feel like I am back to my same soul and it damn feels good.