Thursday, January 15, 2009

Damn it!

It’s been a week, since the news and I just have to write about it all.
The moment came last week, when my hubby came home and told me he lost his job. This is exactly two months after I gave up my Marketing Director position to start my own business. Ugh…..
I have hope and faith that all will be alright but I definitely need support right now. "Here’s a map and here’s a bible just in case you lose your way". I am leaning on my faith and hard work ethics. One thing I know is that I can count on myself to support the family. I'm so lucky in many ways, but I’ve found myself leaning by the bead to pray to ask for strength through this all. This has tried every little bit of my patience.

I was feeling a little stressed from the lack of sleep and being in constant work mode today. Yoga has helped me relieve stress these days and remember to breathe. So as I was driving to work todayI had to laugh when I heard the words to a great song by Life House -Broken. It came through as if speaking to me, I feel like I’m falling apart barely breathing with a broken heart. This is exactly how I feel, I've been feeling a bit defeated these days, along with a little heart broken, but I will survive.

I will have to put my dream of owning my own business to rest for a few years, in order to support my family. Today, I had to ask my boss if there was any work available for me now that I had just given up my position... This is all so silly, but I guess things happen for a reason. On with life, I know that life if good.

This concludes the first chapter of my book. Is it the end or just the begining?