Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Little Past Little Rock

To soon to know what's up ahead to late to change my mind. I've gotta keep my mind out of this and both hands on the wheel. I'm learning more and more each day just how it feels to be a business owner. Today Emily and I went on our first client meeting together. A moment I will never forget I wanted to talk with a local business owner about what services I could offer them and Emily came with me. I told her that she had to be quiet during my meeting and could ask questions when I was done. She did good and asked lots of questions. Like why did she wear that thing on her head? I had to explain the Muslim culture. In general I think she can benefit from seeing what it takes to start a business.
The meeting went well I will meet with Beth again on Friday to give her the costs for setting up Her Google AdWords account. This is an extremely interesting lady she has 9 kids and owns her own business. I hope that someday I can be like her, well not exactly but I sure do admire a women that can juggle all of that.
This week has been an interesting week full of good news. On Monday I found out that my boss/brother has been appointed to VP of the company. I am so happy for him and his family, he deserves it. Also today I got a call from a recruiter saying that word on the street is that Ideal has let go of some good people. Hmm this really makes me think and the opportunity looks pretty nice. I don't see myself taking another full time job, however I am keeping my options open. For now I am focusing on My business and loving it, as my friend Cindy said to me today I am creating my own destiny. It's exciting and a little nerve racking at the same time, but as the song says to soon to know whats up ahead to late to change my mind. I gave it all up and have really enjoyed these last few weeks with the family and my flexible schedule.