Friday, November 14, 2008

Keep Balance in Life

I don’t want to give this up, walking Emily to school, building train tracks with Jake. It sure is a juggling act but this is where I want to be right now in life. I am working 24 hrs a week and about 10 hrs a week for my own business. I wrote the business plan today, and I am working on reserving my domain name for my website.
Where there’s a will there’s a way. I was told this when I mentioned to a girl at work what I wanted to do. Today was another part of my journey in life. It started off walking the Emily to school and ended up at an awards gala in Detroit. The DHDC event with the company I’ve worked for now 14 years (which I love). Then event was very moving, a man spoke at the event Ron (can’t think of his last name) who had no legs since birth he was amazing! He spoke of all he’s has overcome and how important it is to know that you can achieve any dream. He had everyone stand at the end of his speech to raise awareness of how lucky we all are to not be disabled. Then after the event we all went and had a drink at the bar and I was able to talk with one of the “whistle blowers” from the Kwame scandal with the Detroit Police officers.
All of this in one day its so great to spend time with the kids and then meet such interesting people. I continually work and promote my own business in all I do so I don’t ever have to give up this freedom. I love such diversity in my life the balance with my family and profession is awesome, The more I meet people in such high stature roles the more I realize they’re just people. I used to be intimidated by people of authority, but now realize we are all the same. We have families, and dreams and just want to be loved.