Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Roots in PA

Year after year I come back to Pennsylvania it will never get old like strawberry wine. When I turned on my computer today the radio was blaring, now that’s a sign of a good weekend with my sisters. It started with a long drive to PA, catching up and enjoying the company of the newest edition to the family Liam. It always brings a smile to my face when I see the PA sign. Although it sure does tug on my heart thinking about all the fun summers we had there. It must be so different for Mom as she grew up there on the farm. When she sees the PA sign her eyes always well up. What a beautiful state especially in Fall, the colors are beautiful and the hills make one appreciate the colors even more.
I had a weekend that I will not forget. So many silly family quarks, like Mom and Aimee holding hands and Tracy and I “being so embarrassed”. We listened to all our wedding songs, laughed and cried. We all laughed at all the funny things that Mom says. We cried about Grandma and how much we miss her, but laughing about what a funny lady she was and amazing. I can still see her eyes sparkle, and she looked so pretty in pink. As a family we’ve been through so much and what a special group of people we are. Grandma was there with us that night laughing and crying, I really wish she was there for real!!
The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. I hope that Mom can overcome this and get what she wants in life that new house with a gorgeous kitchen. A simple dream and she deserves it! It is never too late to become what you might have been.
Waking up to my sister looking at me reminded me of the younger years she always had that look on her face of being startled. She’s a careless mans careful daughter, what a great sentence in that song but true to all of us girls.
Such a fun trip we have to do it again and again, going to PA never gets old always something new to see. The Amish, the hills, the crazy houses with permanent garage sales on their front lawns covered up with tarp. The winery, yum, Volant, Moms farm house she grew up in and 348 S. Neshanock. All these places are so rich with history from the Jenny, Mariner, and Parenti family memories that will never fade. Summers in PA, I hope I can make simple memories like this for my kids. Being with my family reminds me of why I am who I am. I’d like to live in Pennsylvanian someday maybe own the house on S. Neshanock