Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ughhh

Last week I checked myself into the ER. Sounds crazy, but for three days I felt like my heart was pounding out of control and at any moment I was going to die. I couldn't breathe it was the scariest thing I have experienced. So this past week has been filled test after test, to find out that most things are fine with me, I am not dieing (thank God:) I just have an overactive valve in my heart that is set off during times of stress. This had been going on for a few months but my breaking point was when I checked into the ER. I am usually a calm and easy going person however I think I have taken on to much in the past two months. Life should be easier now that I am part time and able to spend more time with the kids. It has been much harder than I had ever expected my business is thriving, however I am limited on time to do the work needed for the business. Right now on my drive home from work, I make my business calls, and try to setup appointments for after school between picking up Jake and Emily. When I am home there are so many distractions I have been making a profit but my mind is about to drive me crazy, it never stops thinking about what needs to be done next.

So with this life scare, I am trying to focus on the moment and not worry so much. I have been taking deep breaths, working out and doing yoga, which the kids really like. I am finding my way learning more everyday and realizing the only thing that really matters in life are the people around you and relationships.